Basic Policies on Information Security and the Protection of Personal Information
F-ness Corporation (hereinafter “FNC”) recognizes the importance of its responsibility to society as a self-creator making changes in the industry. Considering this, we have been managing and protecting personal information appropriately for a considerable period of time.
In the aim of reinforcement for protecting the personal information, FNC will keep the law and other regulations regarding the Protection of Personal Information. In order to handle the private information appropriately with an independent rule and system that suit our company principles and business contents, FNC manages and lays down the “Protection of Personal Information” herewith.
FNC promotes education and awareness programs for all our employees including management staff and ensures that the “Protection of Personal Information Management System” (This policy, related information in the company rules and regulations, etc.) is appropriately managed, while keep making efforts to protect privacy information.
1. Respect Individuals for their Personal Information
FNC makes the purpose and the usage of personal information clear, may entrust the handling of personal information, within the scope required to achieve the purpose of use. FNC shall not disclose or provide the customers’ personal information to a third party, except in cases such as we obtained an approval from the customer, or there is a proper reason (official requests from police, taxation office, lawyer, etc. that went through the legal formalities). In case of the customer wish to release or amend the personal information, we will make a swift arrangement within a rational range.
2. System of the Protection of Personal Information
FNC positions an administrative staff in charge to manage personal information appropriately, and keeps company system in good condition which makes clear of the role and the responsibility.
3. Implementation of Safety Control and Measures
In order to protect personal information from loss, demolition, falsification, and disclosure caused by illegal access, robbery etc., FNC takes necessary action to protect and makes correction, and manages in an appropriate manner. Also, in case of the provision of personal information to service providers, FNC shall exchange a prescribed contract with the providers and shall conduct appropriate management and supervision.
4. Compliance with Laws and other Standards which Relate to the Personal Information.
FNC complies with Japanese laws and all relevant foreign laws, as well as all guidelines issued by the Japanese government or other applicable standards concerning personal information, in order to appropriately manage personal information held by FNC.
5. Continuous Improvement of the Compliance Program
FNC is continuously carrying out improvements to the company’s management system and structure with regard to the protection of personal information.
Enactment 1st April 2005
Revision 4th June 2007
Revision 1st May 2018
Naoki Okada, President and CEO
Handling of Personal Information by F-ness Corporation
1. Obtaining Personal Information
On the occasion of using our products and services, FNC shall acquire the customers’ personal information such as name, age, date of birth, phone and fax numbers, email address, postal address, work contact details or identification. FNC shall use these information for the purpose of providing products and services, and other matters with the same reason. In either case, except the necessary and limited information, customers have the power to decide whether they provide their personal information to FNC or not.
2. Purpose of Use
The purposes of using our customers’ personal information are as follows. 1.Inquiries for FNC services: To provide communications, to conduct questionnaires, investigations and replies, and to provide products and service information. 2.Registration for FNC services: To provide products and services. 3.Personal information which is entrusted to FNC by client companies: To issue airline tickets, and make reservations for accommodation 4.Inquiries from the person about their personal information: To identify the person, to conduct investigations, research and replies. 5.Job applicants for FNC: To provide communications, information, and to conduct employment judgments, and to administer personnel management after employment.
3. The Voluntariness of the Provision of Personal Information
If customers do not wish to give personal information, customers can make a refusal by their own decision. In this case, they may not use our services.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Service Providers and Relevant Management
FNC may entrust the handling of personal information, within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, to a third party other than the company itself. In such a case, FNC will choose an entity with the necessary measures in place to fully protect personal information. FNC will carry out necessary and appropriate supervision of the entity, which will guarantee the same standards of protection of personal information, and bear the same responsibilities as FNC.
5. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
FNC shall not disclose or provide the customers’ personal information to a third party without customers’ prior agreement, except in the cases described below.
(1) Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws.
(2) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary to prevent or take action regarding violations of the public benefit, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
(3) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary to cooperate with a government or regional public bodies, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws, and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned.
(4) Cases in which part or all of the handling of personal information is entrusted, within the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use, in order to facilitate the smooth conduct of business (FNC may, within the extent necessary to conduct the procedures for arranging the travel-related services entrusted to it, send personal information to transport and accommodation bodies and arrangement agents (all of whom FNC has entered into agreements with), in an electronic format, including name, gender, age, date of birth, postal address, phone and fax numbers, email address, work contact details, passport number, credit card information, and personal identification).
6. Joint Use of Personal Information
FNC will jointly use the personal information of customers with the FNC Group Companies, as listed below, for arrangement of travel-related services, sales activities such as the development of products and announcement of products, as well as in communicating and responding to customers.
(1) Regarding the details of joint use, this includes personal information necessary to carry out business such as arrangement of travel-related services and other entrusted work (personal information in the possession of FNC, including name, gender, age, date of birth, postal address, phone and fax numbers, email address, work contact details, passport number, credit card information, and personal identification)
(2) Administrator of personal information for joint use: F-ness Corporation
(3) Regarding personal information obtained through means other than the purpose of use, please refer to each company’s website regarding the purpose of use of personal information individually acquired by each company
FNC Group Companies who will be jointly using customers’ personal information (As of January 1, 2020)
F-ness International Pte. Ltd
7. Regarding the handling of personal information on our website
・To identify the causes of problems arising at Web servers and to resolve these problems.
・To improve the contents of the FNC website and emails.
・To customize the contents of the FNC website and emails for individual users.
・To use the browsing history of the individual and the results of questionnaires for marketing by FNC in membership system services in which personal information of the individual has been registered in advance.
・To obtain statistical material wherein the individual cannot be identified.
8. Request for Disclosure, etc. and Inquiries
Regarding the personal information held by FNC, please contact the office below if customers or legal representatives wish to request disclosure, correction, additional, cancellation, stopping the use, stopping the provision of a third party, or to make a request for notification of purpose of use of personal information.
Personal information inquiries desk
TEL : 06-6231-6601
MAIL : privacy★f-ness.com When copying the e-mail address please change the ★ to @
Opening hours : 10:00–17:00 (weekdays only)
F-ness Corporatation Osaka Heiwa Bldg., 6th floor 1-5-5 Kitahama, Chuo-ku, Osaka